Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kribel's Bakery - Bridgeville, PA

My long run this weekend was a race, the Montour Trail Half Marathon. I tried my best to run it at my hopeful marathon pace but I ended up going a little faster than planned and finished in 1:54:31. After it was over and pictures were taken, we headed to pick up my cupcake before meeting up with friends for lunch. Unfortunately, traffic was a nightmare and the Garmin was having issues so we went after lunch instead.

Today's cupcake choice took us to Kribel's Bakery in Bridgeville. Apparently, they also have a Brookline location.



I had called them to make sure they had cupcakes and the lady on the phone asked if I needed any held for me but I declined, figuring there would be a good selection and I'd rather see them in person. Well, all they had in their case was chocolate cake with chocolate icing, vanilla cake with chocolate icing, or vanilla cake with vanilla icing. B-O-R-I-N-G! (By the way, I asked and they don't do specialty cupcakes...)

I chose chocolate/chocolate with "jimmies" on top.



Since lunch was at the Original Pancake House, I had no room in my stomach for a cupcake and decided to eat it in the evening, after dinner. We had friends over but I knew they wouldn't mind being a part of my blog. Hubby snapped a quick pic prior to consumption:


Seriously, I hate to say this because I am sure Kribel's is a lovely place, more than likely family owned and operated and what not but Oh my Lordy Lord, that cupcake was NOT GOOD! It was dry. And the icing tasted pretty much like chocolate flavored Gu, which isn't a bad thing when you are running but on a cupcake, blech!

Oh no...I just looked at their website as I was linking the mention of the place at the top of the blog and THIS is what I read : "Come see us soon- baking with love for you since 1931!

 Oh, the guilt I feel now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment