Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bethel Bakery - Bethel Park

This morning's run was done on the Bethel Branch of the Montour Trail. On the way home from there, I pass Bethel Bakery so it was an easy choice for this week's cupcake.


My in laws love this place and even got us our wedding cake from there so I am pretty familiar with it. I had never had their gourmet cupcakes though, and I was pretty excited to give them a shot.  It was busy when I entered. I took a number and walked to the display case to check out my choices.





This morning, they had Cookies and Cream, Pina Colada, and Razzle Dazzle cupcakes. I admit that the Razzle Dazzle looked so wild and crazy that I considered getting them but I wasn't sure how I felt about introducing all that glitter to my system right before leaving for a week of camping. What goes in must come out, right? ;) Instead, I opted for the Cookies and Cream and took it home to enjoy.





It's a little hard to tell in the picture but yes, that is a mini Oreo cookie on top!





First of all, I need to say that their buttercream icing was amazing. The cookies and cream flavor was also top rate. As I bit into the cake, I expected it would be dry since it was a larger cupcake but it totally wasn't. It was moist and yummy and.....




HAD ICING INSIDE OF IT!!!!!!!! What a bonus!

It was tough for me to let my hubby have a bite but I needed someone else to say that this cupcake was as amazing as I was thinking it was. He wholeheartedly agreed with me. YUM! YUM! YUM!

Of everywhere I have been so far, Sugar Cafe and Bethel Bakery are at the top of my list. I am thinking maybe I will have a "playoff" week before I leave for my trip with my top few bakeries and the best cupcake in Pittsburgh will be going with me to be consumed after the marathon. What do you think of that idea? 


No comments:

Post a Comment