Friday, August 5, 2011

A New Beginning

Today's Food:
3 scrambled egg whites with green & red peppers and a splash of reduced fat milk, ketchup, Arnold whole wheat Sandwich thin, grapes, 1/2 banana
Spring Mix salad with hard boiled egg white, deli chicken, carrots, and fat free ranch dressing.
Back to Nature wheat crackers with a cheddar Babybel cheese and a handful of grapes.
Gia Russa mini gnocchi with Nature's Basket vodka sauce, Green Giant garden vegetable medley, and applesauce.
Bowl of Crunchy Corn Bran cereal, 1/2 banana, Nature's Basket organic peanut butter. 

Today's Workout:

Today's schedule called for 4 miles easy (which is a 10:04 pace). I was running my miles in the dark and to see my GPS screen, I have to hit a button. Instead of constantly hitting the backlight and staring down at my Garmin for the duration of the run, I decided to just run how I felt and not push too hard. My splits for the 4 miles were 9:16, 9:15, 9:05, and 8:52. Since I was running in my area, I hit some pretty steep hills in there too. I am hoping all this hill training will adequately prepare me for the beginning and very end of the marathon:






I felt good afterward and managed to spend some time stretching and foam rolling. Love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment