Monday, July 25, 2011

Just another Manic Monday

 Today's Food:
Breakfast was a small bowl of Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal and a small plate of fruit: 1/2 orange, grapes, and 1/2 banana.
NOTE: I was at the Carnegie Science Center for lunch and completely forgot to photograph my food, prior to eating. I had deli turkey on an Arnold Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin with fresh greens and a handful of baby carrots.

I probably didn't pack enough for lunch because when I got home I was STARVING! I had 2 bowls of Stacy's Pita Chips and Nature's Basket organic salsa.
Dinner was Chicken Voila Sweet and Sour chicken and some fresh greens with Italian spritzer. Too much sodium in those frozen meals for my liking but it's not bad in a pinch.
After my run, I had an evening snack of Cookies and Cream Kemp's Frozen Yogurt in a cone. YUM! I am still in search of a good ice cream product that doesn't have a bunch of crap I can't pronounce in it....

Today's Workout:

This morning, I had intended to get up at 5am and do weights at the gym but during the internal battle in my brain during the first 2 minutes after my alarm went off, I chose my comfortable bed and snuggling husband. I'm ok with the choice I made. I have been noticing that my arms were losing a little bit of definition ever since I started training, so I wanted to concentrate on my upper body. I did a 20 minute workout called "Tank Top Arms" On Demand and then about 15 minutes of my physical therapy exercises from during my injury last year. Felt awesome.

Tomorrow calls for 3 miles and this evening, one of my friends wanted to run that same distance in the evening so I decided I could totally switch things around and get those miles in. We ran a nice 3 mile loop, including some crazy hills. Yay Pittsburgh! I wanted to go faster but was thankful for my friend who was keeping me paced. Splits were 10:21, 10:27 and 10:39. Lovely recovery run! And a GORGEOUS sunset to boot. I love running :) I also got some nice foam rolling and stretching done while watching tv with hubby before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment