Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kennywood Day = Wow, that's a heck of a lot of food!

Today's Food:
Pre-run breakfast was an Arnold sandwich thin with organic peanut butter, 1/2 banana, and a slice of my homemade (mostly healthy) banana bread.
Lunch was provided by hubby's employer. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, baked beans, and a slice of watermelon.
Dinner was a Bavarian ham and American cheese sandwich on wheat with just lettuce and some chips (half went to my 5 year old) and a side salad with light ranch dressing.
I got my Potato Patch fix by having a few from a friend's "boat" of them...

This was ridiculous but looked too good to pass up. It's a chocolate/vanilla twist dipped in sprinkles. I ended up knocking about half of the ice cream off the top because there was no way I could finish that whole thing. 

Today's Workout:

I ran this morning with 3 friends. We decided to stay together for the first half and then I would be doing a quicker pace for the remainder. They had 11 miles on their schedules and I had 12, but since I was planning on a faster pace, I figured we should finish at about the same time.

We ran through South Side, across the Smithfield Street Bridge, through Downtown and the Strip District and then up into Lawrenceville (where I had a moment of sadness as we passed Dozen, a recently closed cupcake bakery that inspired my blog). We turned around at Allegheny Cemetery (approx mile 5.25) and I picked up the pace at that point.

I crossed the 31st Street Bridge to Washington's Landing and hit the Riverfront trail. I ran that until Heinz Field and passed people setting up for the Pittsburgh Triathlon. One of my running partners will be tri-ing a tri for the first time tomorrow and I am so excited for her.

I ran through the North Shore a bit and crossed the Roberto Clemente Bridge back into Downtown. There, I had traffic in which to contend as well as my GPS going a bit wonky and registering me as running a 20 minute mile one moment and then a 4 minute mile the next. I crossed back over the bridge and into the South Side.

After I hit my mileage, I walked the rest of the way down East Carson. I thought I saw "K", one of my running friends, about 3 blocks in front of me, but she was all alone so I figured it wasn't her after all.  When I got back to our starting point, I noticed that it was, in fact, "K". She had lost "H" and "L" in the city when they veered off to get some water and had finished the run alone. Not only that but she had also wiped out and had 2 bloody knees. As she put it, running is a full contact sport for her."K" left to go home and get cleaned up and I waited for my other 2 friends to get back. I stretched while I waited.

 My splits for today's run were 10:56, 11:39, 11:18, 11:28, 11:20, 9:18, 9:12, 9:00, 9:09, 9:46, and 8:59.

Such a great start to the weekend. We went to an amusement park for the rest of the day so I walked A LOT in addition to the 12 mile run.

1 comment:

  1. That ice cream cone looks SOOOO good :) Adn I love the Potato Patch fix! :) P.s. the hard work is DEFINITELY evident... I'm jumping on the ab workouts you've been doing starting today! Good grief girl!

    ReplyDelete